(Recipe & photo courtesy of Heather, Kailyard Kitchen)
As promised, here’s another simple recipe for a cozy night in… Or maybe a special breakfast if you’d like to treat yourself! Be sure to drizzle the pan juices over the apples after you place them in their bowls for serving.
Baked apples with Maple Whipped Cream and Granola
- 4 apples
- 4 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup granola
- Preheat oven to 400°. Core apples and use a sharp knife to score the skin of the apple- four scores should do the trick.
- Place apples in a baking dish and place one tablespoon of butter inside the core cavity of each apple. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake for 45 minutes.
- While the apples are baking, combine maple syrup and heavy cream. Whip until the cream forms soft peaks. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- When the apples are done, place in individual bowls and top each apple with a sprinkling of granola and a generous dollop of whipped cream.