(Recipe courtesy of Heather, Kailyard Kitchen)
Sweet Potato Rice Bowl with Watercress
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 small shallot, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 inch piece ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 soft boiled eggs
- Handful of watercress
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Preheat oven to 400°. Toss sweet potato pieces and shallot with 1 tablespoon sesame oil. Place on baking sheet and roast until the sweet potato is fork tender, 12-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a blender or mortar and pestle, combine garlic, ginger, miso, rice vinegar, mirin, and remaining sesame oil. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- Place rice in the bottom of two bowls, top with sweet potatoes, soft boiled egg, and watercress. Drizzle sauce over everything and sprinkle with sesame seeds.