(Recipe & photo courtesy of Heather, Kailyard Kitchen)
Chamomile Poached Pears
I plan on enjoying these over my morning granola and yogurt, though I may deviate and use them to top a pound cake later in the week. 😉
- 2 d’anjou pears, peeled, halved, and cored
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dried chamomile blossoms (if you don’t have any on hand, a bag of sleepy-time tea would work nicely)
- 2 tablespoons sugar or honey
- Boil the water, add chamomile, and remove from heat. Allow to steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain out the chamomile, then return the tea to a simmer. Add the sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Add the pears to the sweetened chamomile tea and reduce heat so the pears are barely simmering. Cook for about 8 minutes, until the pears are easily pierced with a fork.
- Remove the pears from the syrup and allow to cool. If you’d like, place the syrup back on the heat and allow to reduce by half. This would be nice drizzled over the pears however you choose to serve them.