Pumpkin Tour Update 2021:
We will be updating our 2021 Pumpkin Tour page shortly! We hope to open for tour registration on August 1st so check back here then!
There will be a few changes to this years tour booking, and we will keep our ears open for any changes to guidance from the State and Federal level in regards to Covid-19.
Thanks for supporting Jubilee!
October is such a uniquely beautiful and festive time at Jubilee Farm! We would love for your school to join us in celebrating the changing season – children love searching for the perfect pumpkin in our patch, exploring the hay maze, and seeing the many animals that live (and work!) at Jubilee.
About Pumpkin Tours
During your tour, your students will get to experience a variety of festive October activities:
- Hay Ride & Pumpkins: Students ride on a hay wagon to the pumpkin field, where each child chooses one pumpkin he/she wants to take home. Our pumpkins are still growing on the vine. With the help of parents, teachers, and our staff, students cut their own pumpkins! (Parents and teachers may also cut pumpkins and gourds and pay for them separately).
- Class Pumpkin or Sunflower: Each class will return to their classroom with either a large pumpkin to decorate or a sunflower head.
- Hay Maze: Kids get to explore the hay-bale labyrinth in the loafing shed behind our barn!
- Farm Animals: We’ll visit some of the animals on the farm and learn more about the important role that they play here.
Pumpkin Tour Details
PRICING BY NUMBER OF STUDENTS:
ADULTS: Each tour can have 10 adults attend for free, including teachers. The charge for each additional adult (after the 10 free adults per tour) is $5. We ask that adults accompany children at a ratio of 1 adult for every 5 children. Adults will be asked to take an active role in helping children.
SIZE LIMITS: Each individual tour is limited to a maximum of 30 total people (students/siblings and adults). If you will exceed this per-tour maximum, you will need to book an additional tour. This limit helps us to ensure that the students are getting the best experience possible, and it keeps our hay wagons and staff from getting overloaded.
PAYMENT: We can accept either a single check or a Purchase Order prior to or on the day of the tour. Arrangements can be made to accept cards with prior notice, though checks are the preferred method of payment.
Days & Times:
Pumpkin Tours are available throughout the month of October on:
Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, & Fridays
For 2021, we will do up to 3 tours at 10am only.
Tours last for approximately 1 hour.
- Tours will run, rain or shine! Life on the farm goes on, regardless of weather. Rarely is it so bad that we can’t conduct a tour, and we do have greenhouses or our barn where we can continue a tour should there be a down-pour. In the rare case that we need to cancel due to weather, please check our website or Facebook page the morning of your tour as we will update any cancellations or detour information there.
- Students should bring either boots or shoes that can get muddy, rain jackets, and hats. Our motto is “plan for the worst, hope for the best.” .
- Teachers should make sure that each student has a bag to transport home their pumpkin (remember, they may be a little muddy).
- You may eat lunch or a snack in a covered area or picnic bench at the farm.
- Be on time! It’s really important for all of us to keep on schedule. If you are late, we will have to shorten your tour. Please plan on arriving 5 – 10 minutes early. We strongly recommend that at least one person who will be driving makes a “practice run” to the farm to determine how long it will take to get here. Don’t forget to plan for traffic that may be different at the time the group comes.
- COVID-19: We will continue to monitor CDC and State guidelines and will update our policies and rules surrounding masks and distance as we get closer to October. We reserve the right to cancel tours for the safety of our visitors and crew.
Pumpkin Tour Calendar
If you would like to schedule a Pumpkin Tour for your group, please consult the calendar below to see what dates are available. Registration for Pumpkin Tours begins on August 1st of each year.
- We run three tours per hour on the dates listed below.
- When you have chosen some possible dates and have read about our Pumpkin Tours (including costs and conditions), you can submit a Pumpkin Tour Form below.
- Please allow 3-5 business days for a confirmation after submitting your request. We process tour requests as we receive them and sometimes need a few days to hammer out the details for each tour. Keep in mind we are a working farm and are often in the field, not the office. 🙂
–Blank slots indicate time slots that are still available.
–Slots with tour confirmation numbers (#5, etc) or an ‘X’ in them have been reserved or are unavailable.
–Schools can check their scheduled tour time by referencing their confirmation number below.
2021 Pumpkin Tour Calendar
|Time||Monday, October 4th||Tuesday, October 5th||Wednesday, October 6th||Thursday, October 7th||Friday, October 8th|
|Time||Monday, October 11th||Tuesday, October 12th||Wednesday, October 13th||Thursday, October 14th||Friday, October 15th|
|Time||Monday, October 18th||Tuesday, October 19th||Wednesday, October 20th||Thursday, October 21st||Friday, October 22nd|
|Time||Monday, October 25th||Tuesday, October 26th||Wednesday, October 27th||Thursday, October 28th||Friday, October 29th|